Department of Biotechnology
The Department offers B.Tech. Biotechnology course, a four years degree programme, under which the students will be taught on broad range of subjects related to Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bioenergetics, Tissue culture, Recombinant DNA Technology, Bioinformatics, Chemical engineering and Bioprocess engineering. The Department already has a Biotechnology lab which is equipped with modern biotechnological tools like Malvern Zetasizer, PCR Thermal Cycle, UV-visible Spectrophotometer, Horizontal Electrophoresis Systems, Vertical Slab Gel Systems (Mini model), Vertical Slab Gel Systems (Slab Gel Regular Model), Transilluminator, Horizontal air flow cabinet, BOD, Deep freezer, cold centrifuge, Distillation unit, Milipore water system, etc.
The Department has collaborating project with National Research Centre on Mithun, (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) Jharnapani, Medziphema, Nagaland, Department of Biological Sciences, BITS, Pilani (K. K. Birla Goa Campus) and JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
Thrust areas of research:
- Molecular characterization of Vibrio cholerae transcription factors and also on the gene regulation of Vibrio cholerae.
- Characterization and application of Mithun (Bosfrontalis) Milk protein
- Treatment approach of T-cell induced autoimmune diabetes.
- Watson Molecular Biology Lab
- JC Bose Plant Tissue Culture Lab
- Dayhoff Bioinformatics Lab
- Pasteur Microbiology Lab
- Mendel Genetics Lab
- Biochemical Engineering Lab (Under construction)
- "An effective treatment approach of T-cell induced autoimmune diabetes through sitagliptin-anti
CD4 immuno-nano Conjugates in BALB/c mice", funded by DBT.
PI: Mr.Hanumant Singh Rathore.
- "Characterization and purification of Lactoferrin from Mithun (Bosfrontalis) milk and its antimicrobial
potency on different pathogenic bacteria of Mithun", DBT, Govt of India.
PI: Dr.Rajkrishna Mondal.
- "Physicochemical characterization of the primary sigma factor of Vibrio cholerae", DBT, Govt
PI: Dr.Rajkrishna Mondal
|1||Dr.Hanumant Singh Rathore||Assistant Professor & In-Charge||Biopharmaceuticals and Tissue Engineering.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr.Rajkrishna Mondal||Assistant Professor||Bacterial molecular email@example.com|
|3||Mr.Imlitoshi Jamir||Assistant Professor||Molecular & cell biology, Nuclear architecture of firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr.Ekongthung Ezung||Guest Lecturer|
|5||Ms.Upasana Kakati||Guest Lecturer|